Monday, June 1, 2015

People's Republic of China.

History Channel Documentary,
Amid the two years I taught English in China, I regularly heard my understudies allude to China's long history. Some of the time I would astound them by letting them know the United States is much more seasoned than China.

What? they would shout.

Granted, I'd answer. The United States is around 225 years of age, and China is just 50 or something like that.

Gracious, they'd chuckle, you are discussing the People's Republic of China. We are discussing the Chinese progress, which backtracks in an unbroken line for a great many years.

Gracious, well, I'd reply, grinning, that is distinctive. Civilizationally talking, we're very nearly the same age. Aristotle was conceived under 100 years after the demise of Confucius.

They generally appeared to be amazed by that.

Obviously, I wouldn't miss the chance to advise them that Confucius (551-478 BC), the originator of their progress, focused on worship for one's educators. What's more, to demonstrate to my understudies it pays to worship one's educator, I would let them know about Aristotle's understudy, Alexander the Great, who manufactured a domain and spread Greek culture all through the known (by us) world when he was 33 years of age. He venerated his instructor Aristotle as his own dad, for, as he said, if one had given him life, the other had taught him to live well.

No comments:

Post a Comment